Easter Trip 2015

Forums Trip Reports & Feedback Easter Trip 2015

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ian Whitaker Ian Whitaker 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bully130
    Bully130
    Participant

Well the Easter trip was done over tracks north of Southern Cross
    Friday we all meet Up at Karalee rock 50 km east of southern cross I arrived on Thursday night to set up camp and claim a spot for all of us to camp in
    So during the Friday people started to arrive from about 2pm to 5 pm
    That night was spent around to camp fire tell some good stories
    Saturday we packed up camp then went for a walk around Karalee rock were they collected the water to fill the dam that was made in the late 1800 for the gold miners on their way to Kal. Lots of history about the place and what it was like during those days
    We headed of about 9.30 back to Southern cross to fuel up and head north to Koolyanobbing then on to the track thru the Helena -Aurora Range were we came across some bad corrugations. Then up to the overnight camp spot at Pittosporum rock which we arrived at by 3pm and set up camp
    That night we had a fantastic view of a blood moon eclipse
    Next morning we were on are way by 8.30 and heading of to Pidgin rock for lunch, the tracks so far were nice and firm and could sit on 30 km nicely
    At pidgin rock we had lunch then started to make our way to our Sunday night camp at Elachbutting rock some of the track had not been driven on in a long time and the bush had closed in a bit so we ended up with a few bush pinstripes on this section we had our only puncture for the trip also on this section
    Ended up at Elachbutting rock at 4pm set up camp with a big fire
    Monday every one made their way back home at their on time as some wanted to leave first thing another’s wanted to explore the rock more
    I had a great time leading this group and I only made a couple of wrong turns but never did we get lost
    Cheers
    Ian

Ian Whitaker
    Ian Whitaker

Sounds like I missed a good one. Well done Bully

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.