28 Hutton Rd
Ludlow WA 6280
Landys, Tanks and guns…a chance to experience and view Australia’s rich military history.
Cliffy and Darren invite all Team W4 members to a trip to Coolilup in WA’s Southwest (well just South of Bunbury) to experience shooting vintage service rifles used buy our ANZAC’s in WW1 & WW2 as well as entry to a private military museum on the Sunday where you will be able to view items of our military heritage not open to the general public. We will meet at the BP in Baldivis Southbound on the Forrest Highway and from there we will make our way to Coolilup Rifle Range for lunch and a quick off-road session. You will then be given a briefing and possibly a brief history of the Light Horse in WA. You then have the opportunity to shoot vintage service rifles (the Lee Enfield 303 and others). We will then retire to the club rooms for dinner, refreshments and yarns before turning in for the night. After breakfast on Sunday we will set off for Coolup at 9:30 taking the roads less travelled at a series pace. Once in Coolup we will break for lunch and afterwards enter the museum. We anticipate being finished up there by 3pm at which time we will take Southwest Highway to Armadale where we will bid you all farewell.
‣ Camping on range available with kitchen, BBQ and hot showers (powered sites as well)
‣ Sausage sizzle lunch Saturday & Bacon and Egg breakfast provided Sunday morning by the club.
‣ Camouflage clothing is discouraged or at least needs to be kept to a minimum.
‣ At this stage the trip will be limited to 20 participants but if the interest is there, we may be able to allow a few more.
‣ There will be a fee of $40 per shooter plus $10 a head (car) for camping on range. No fee to enter the Museum.
When: 9th – 10th May 2020
Where: Meeting BP Baldivis Forrest Hwy South Bound Lanes
Time: Sat: Muster from 8am departing 9am Sharp. Sun: Depart 9:30 am.
Other: Members will be expected to be self-sufficient for dinner on Saturday night and lunch on Sunday.
Any questions please contact Darren or Cliff.
Please RSVP ASAP to secure a spot on a unique adventure. Thanks to Busselton Rifle Club for allowing us to make this event possible.
Full details of this trip are only viewable by fully paid members of TeamW4.
If you would like to join us on this trip, please contact us for more details by email at the following address: